Programming Innovations for CLICK!
A New $2500 PIC Grant for Photography Programming
THIS IS YOUR FESTIVAL, AND WE WANT YOUR IDEAS!
In just five short years we have become THE buzz of the US photo festival scene. In year six we want to turn it up to eleven! We are proud to introduce our new PIC Grant: Programming Innovations for CLICK! Show us a brilliant idea and we will show you the money!
- An underwater exhibition of Cats of Instagram?*
- A panel discussion of Latvian Daguerreians?*
- Want to turn the whole town of Cary into a giant Camera Obscura?*
- An ice cream social with platinum/palladium or stop bath flavored ice cream?*
- A live-stream séance with Ansel Adams?*
- A wet-plate collodian on horseback workshop?*
HOW TO APPLY
This is the shortest grant application ever. You will need to submit the following items:
• A BRIEF description of your idea. 100 word maximum. Descriptions with 101 or more words will be banished into outer darkness.
• A line item budget showing approximately how you would use the $2500 including venue cost/travel/honoraria/supplies/exhibition costs/rentals/etc. Budgets exceeding $2500 are ne but indicate where additional funds will come from. Skin in the game is never a bad thing.
• For your idea, please answer two questions: (1) Who cares? and (2) Why should they? 250 word maximum.
• Tell us BRIEFLY who you are and about your connection to photography.
Please submit the above materials at the following link:
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE PIXEL-MARKED BY MIDNIGHT ON 5/15/17.
This grant application is open to ANY institution, group, or individual in Durham, Orange, or Wake County. Yes even you big museums. A minimum of one grant will be awarded. All applications must be submitted by May 15, 2017. Award will be announced June 1. The project/talk/exhibition/ workshop/panel/happening/etc. MUST happen in Durham, Orange, or Wake County during the CLICK! Photography Festival in October 2017 or include October and extend beyond. Applications will be juried by the CLICK! Executive Team and all decisions are final. Before final award, reasonable proof that grant awardee can execute their proposal will be required. Half of the monetary award will be granted at time of award, and the remaining half will be granted upon completion of the project. Grant winner is responsible for any taxes on award.
The members of the CLICK! ExecutiveTeam are busy people. Do their work for them.The better job you do of figuring out the what, who, where, how etc. the better chance you have of receiving the grant. We are looking for innovative programs that are interesting to our audience and that YOU would want to go to. We can help you realize this idea but you should also anticipate our questions. Be realistic with your budget. “A massive exhibition of my iPhone selfies along I-40” is a reach.
*NOT an actual good idea.
The CLICK! Triangle Photography Festival is fiscally sponsored by VAE Raleigh, a 501c3 non- profit creativity incubator. Funding for PIC is provided by Cassilhaus.